Founder And CEO
Seta Tutundjian is a global thinker and advocate for transitioning to circular food systems and green economy. For the past 25+ years, she has led the formulation and execution of acclaimed transformational programs that have engaged stakeholders and mobilized community action. These programs introduced novel approaches to build a demand management culture in the water, agricultural and energy sectors. Due to their overwhelming success, they are used as case studies for best practices.
Seta co-leads the global Food is Never Waste coalition; and is on the General Board of United Cities. Prior engagements include: member of the European Commission’s High-Level Expert Group to setup an International Platform for Food Systems Science; Chair of the Environment Working Group of the UN Food Systems Summit 2021; Executive Committee member of the Association of Agricultural Research Institutions in the Near East.
A holder of a MSc. in Climate Change and Development, Seta is the Founder and CEO of Thriving Solutions, a boutique consulting firm, dedicated to presenting innovative solutions that advance circular, regenerative urban food systems. Prior to that, Seta was:
- Director of Programs at the International Center for Biosaline Agriculture – ICBA (2018-2021).
- Director of Partnerships and Knowledge Management at ICBA (2014-2018).
- Sustainable Development Consultant (2012-2014).
- Outreach, Communications and Public Engagement Project Management Specialist at USAID/Jordan (2009-2012).
- Policy Reform and Institutional Strengthening Project Management Specialist at USAID/ Jordan (2000-2008).
In recognition of her work, Seta has received several awards including the prestigious Superior Honor Award by the Government of the United States of America.